I suggest you ...

Allow for exclusion of specific URLs

It would be nice if I could exclude specific hostnames so when I post from sites like FriendFeed they just show up as statuses and not links. The other option would be to allow me to enter my FriendFeed credentials and detect when it is a status update and when it is a link. In this case you'll also want to remove the duplicate Twitter update if a user is sending their FriendFeed updates also out to Twitter.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jessestay shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • seanfitzroy commented  · 

Yes! I would love to be able to have the option to

1 EASY - Exclude all tweets with links (similar to the option to post as a "link" but just to not post)

2 MEDIUM - exclude picture and video services (twitpic, moby, twit,vid) because I'm using their native apps to cross post to Facebook (because they provide more control).

3 HARDER?) - A user-defined list to ignore particular domains and hashtags. This would be ideal and then everyone could decide what constitutes a pic or video service for them selves without asking you to add sites to an "ignore" list.

• Angela Alcorn commented  · 

Yeah, I'd like to be able to hide youtube links, 12seconds etc (since facebook gets updated anyway).

On that note, I don't really want things like tweekly.fm updates to be posted to my status either.

Maybe it'd be easier to get tweetpo.st to have a simple ignore list, where we can fill out domains or keywords (to be ignored for status updates).

Feedback and Knowledge Base