I suggest you ...

Option to keep Hash Tags from being posted to Facebook

A TweetFace user could set the option to have any #tags in tweets not show up in the corresponding Facebook status message or Wall Post.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan StraussAdminJonathan Strauss (Co-Founder, TweetPo.st) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin MakiceKevin Makice commented  · 

+1 to Steven_noble's three-year-old idea to give the translation to Facebook an option on how it deals with hashtags. Hashtags are used in many ways, so my guess is that no option would be able to translate all of the hashtag uses 100% correct for everyone, even with more control over settings. However, it would allow people to use the service to reflect their primary use of #hashtag.

As a rule, I don't like hashtags anywhere. I tend to use them sarcastically on Twitter, so I'm not expecting them to lead anywhere useful (i.e., link to a twitter search). I probably would experiment with controls a bit, and then just go back to letting them into Facebook again.

• imsofabalferimsofabalfer commented  · 

my pimple above the noce is hurting me

• Michał WsiołkowskiMichał Wsiołkowski commented  · 

Yes, but it should be an option - you choose if you want to omit tags or include them - and if you like to omit, you build your tweets that way.

• Michał WsiołkowskiMichał Wsiołkowski commented  · 

It would be great to add an option to publish the posts on Facebook, but convert the hashtags to just simple words - means to cut "#" sign (#twitter -> twitter)...

• steven_noblesteven_noble commented  · 

Three options would be great:

# Don't publish posts with hashtags on Facebook
        # Publish the posts on Facebook, but not the hashtags
        # Publish the posts on Facebook, but convert the hashtags to Twitter searches

• Luca HammerLuca Hammer commented  · 

Would prefer if the hashtags could be linked to twitter search.

• simplygreysimplygrey commented  · 

But what about when the hashtag is actually a part of the content of the tweet, like in your description of this idea? I had thought about this feature, too, but I see it as being difficult to implement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base